Saturday, November 13, 2004

 

I want a woman with a good heart and lungs.

In 1986 when I wish I'd been breakdancing I was listening to Def Lepard and Pet Shop Boys. Well, in '86 Alice Cooper had been doing this sh!t for 17 years already! So Constrictor is to a degree a whack piece of work. What I like about it is this. Ya' know that you can look at most 'pop' songs in more than one way. You can listen to most songs literally but also interpret all the lyrics through the lens of love and sex. Not Alice. All his songs need be interpreted through the lens of serial murder and death, even the love songs. Especially the love songs. So here's Constrictor in all it's glory.

1. Teenage Frankenstein
2. Give it up
3. Thrill My Gorilla
4. Life and Death of the Party
5. Simple Disobedience
6. The World Needs Guts
7. Trick Bag
8. Crawlin'
9. The Great American Access Story
10. He's Back (The Man Behind The Mask)
I recommend #s 6 and 10.

Comments:
I'd recommend the same tracks actually. But it's not a very good album now is it? I bought it a few years ago because it was cheap and because I had some nice memories of it, but it didn't age well and the writing is average at best. Still, most times, it manages to bring a smile to my face. :)

cheers
 
'Good'? No. But definitely something. Has Alice Cooper ever done anything of true quality?
 
Shop at your favorite stores 24 hours a day. Why go to the mall when you can shop online and avoid the traffic
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?