Tuesday, January 18, 2005

 

A futile attempt to not sh!t my pants.

The high-quality whole record is too rare. We love our singles. M.I.A.s album was pretty good. As is Nellie McKay's two disc. The latter is more impressive in that it is stylistically diverse (to say the least). Not AS diverse, but an equally impressive unified work, is one of my faves, Sons of Soul by Tony, Toni, Tone. 12 tracks, one dud. And the dud's debateable 'cause it's a slow ballad. I've spent my proverbial wad, it has been small as of late, so let's begin.

If I had No Loot
What Goes Around, Comes Around

Come back real soon for the next couple tracks, y'hear.

Don't get me wrong, we can all rattle off tons of favorite records, (Salt n Pepa, AC/DC, Leo Kottke, Asylum Choir, Joe Walsh, Culture Club, etc., etc.), but allow me my blanket statements.

Comments:
Where's the substance, pig? Why don't you leave the music journalism to the serious wannabes and go back to what you do best; exploding on the page.
 
Hey. Let's be nice.
 
I've always liked that album, ummm interesting comments anyways thanks for the tunes.
 
Was it Susan Lucci or somebody that presented Tony, Toni, Tone with some award in the early 90's and said their name wrong? "Tony, Tony, Tone," as in, dial tone?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?