Monday, January 10, 2005

 

Rhetoricpig is dead! Long live rhetoricpig!


mp3s- Louis Prima- Beep! Beep! *oink*. Two Herbalisers from The Gumball 3000- Mission Improbable and Time 2 Build, that first one's tight but the second has a better intro. Los Halos- Black Thread from Driv3r.

We here at the Rhetoricpig Institute for Remedial Socialization and Advanced Deepness (RIRSAD) feel it incumbent upon us to bring to light things lurking just below the surface of our shining and blithe mp3 sphere. I have a couple horns to toot other than my own.

First, you know Vinyl Mine. Then you know the vinyl miner is serious about his music. But *psshaw* that's not why we're here, anyways it's usually too serious for my ADHD ass. But didja know he was an equally serious aspiring gourmand. That means he likes to eat and smoke and drink. He has a neglected little blog called Drinking and Eating. Example: his last post was a paen to squeezable sour cream and had a pic of his breakfast. I thought it looked excessive, and I'm the rhetoricpig! Visit, salivate, love, repeat.

That community service announcement accomplished let's move on.

Music Forest is, to my eye, our only nearly all Japanese-language neighbor here at the blog rolls. There is some very strategic English to be found, mp3 names and genre. Genres are, in order, electronica, rock, jazz, and a bit of pop. I go for the electronica. I stay for the quality and the utter lack of context that I engender from the surroundings. That and the brief attempt to change the webtemplate to something that celebrated winter or the boy's festival or something else Japanese and conservative. Did I mention the quality? Aphex Twin's Pikachu Muthafucka and Homer's Donut Odyssey were quite a treat. It's a music forest, don't take an axe, take a basket.

Comments:
I'd listen to these were it not for the sad fact that I'm blocked at work. Plus, I dig that Black Betty cover and the original Ram Jam version.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?