Friday, January 14, 2005

 

Some Byron, b!tches.

Rza and ODB- We Pop

A spirit passed before me: I beheld
The face of immortality unveil'd
Deep sleep came down on every eye save mine
And there it stood, all formless- but divine;
Along my bones the creeping flesh did quake;
And as my damp hair stiffen'd, thus it spake:

And the next stanza basically says 'Who the hell do you think you are, you're nothing compared to God!' And there's a reason why I didn't include it. I'm fascinated with that third line, 'Deep sleep came down on every eye save mine'. Zonk! Everybody's out but you. The first issue of Judge Dredd published in American comic format had that storyline, sorta. Aah, stories drawn entirely by Brian Bolland. *sigh*

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?