Saturday, July 23, 2005

 

Look what I found.

I found this in a bargain pile at my fave bookshop. The title is On Assassination, author H. H. A. Cooper, isbn 0-87364-290-2. With chapter titles like Methods and Means, Natural Death by Unnatural Means, and Facing the Assassin's Challenge, the book is interesting in its own right. But the inscription is special. In black ink is written, I quote:
6-19-94
DEAR MIKE-
AN INVESTMENT IN yOUR CAREER,
A PLEASURABLE DIVERTISSEMENT,
A BELATED BIRTHDAy GIFT-
ALL THESE IN ONE SMALL VOLUME-
yOU GOTTA LOVE IT-
O.J. SIMPSON

Interesting, no? I also found an unpublished and unfinished post. Here goes:
Title: G'day.
Mp3s-David Rovics- Tsunami, Falluja and After We Torture Our Prisoners, site

Y'like empathy, ay? I have a hard enough time with my own pain. Let alone that of the clubbed seals, mutilated prepubescent imprisoned prostitutes, gang-pressed African children forced to kill their own parents, or babies born without faces, let alone your every-minute rape, incest, or mouthful of broken teeth.

Let's finish that unfinished post. ...of broken teeth. And they lived happily ever after. That sucks. How about this. ...of broken teeth. And broken hearts. The dawn spreads its light like a broken yolk. Hunh?! Okay, here: ...of broken teeth. I'm so sorry, where'd I leave my comedy?
Yea, where?

As Philip Wylie says in Generation of Vipers, for want of self-reflection, revolution, and improvement how about...
One last danse macabre-with the machine, man, and man a prostitute of the embracing steel?

I agree. But not for me and mine. For them love and honesty.

Comments:
Hmmm... looks like a good joke - dated one week after the murder of his wife and her waiter.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?